- Algorithm Design and Analysis: Combination of Optimization Problems; Online Problems; Scheduling; Knapsack Problem
- Algorithmic Game Theory: Knapsack Game
- Computational Complexity
- Global Optimization: Duality Approach and Conic Optimization
- 2014-2017, Combination of combinatorial optimization problems: Problems, algorithms and complexity, NSFC, PI.
- 2012-2015, Cones of nonnegative quadratic functions, NSFC, participator.
2011-2014, Bilateral Scientific Cooperation between Tsinghua
University - K.U. Leuven.
Complexity results and exact algorithms for scheduling conflicting jobs on alternative resources, PI.
- 2009-2010, Design and analysis for online service policies and study on online parallel machine scheduling, Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, State Education Ministry, PI.
- 2010-2011, Heuristic and exact optimization procedures for the selection and timing of
advertisements, Bilateral Scientific Cooperation between Tsinghua University - K.U. Leuven, Co-PI.
- 2009-2011, Theory and applications of canonical dual
approach to quadratic program, NSFC, PI.
- 2007-2008, Design and analysis for on-line service scheduling, Tsinghua basic research fund, PI.
- Teaching Achievement Award, first Prize, Tsinghua University, 2014.
- Excellent Mentor Award, second prize, Tsinghua University, 2012.
- Operations Research Youth Award, nomination, ORSC, 2010.
- Excellent postdoctor Award, Tsinghua University, 2008.
- The 8th Beijing Youth Science and Technology Paper Award, 3rd prize, 2005.
- Excellent paper award, 2nd prize, Beijing Operation Research Society, 2004.
- K. Nip, Z. Wang and W. Xing. A Study on Several Combination Problems of Classic Shop Scheduling and Shortest Path. Theoretical Computer Science, 654: 175-187, 2016.
- K. Nip, Z. Wang and Z. Wang. Scheduling under Linear Constraints. European Journal of Operational Research, 253: 290-297, 2016.
- K. Nip, Z. Wang and W. Xing. Combinations of some shop scheduling problems and the shortest path problem: Complexity and approximation algorithms. COCOON 2015, LNCS 9198: 97-108, 2015.
- Z. Wang, X. Han, G. Dosa and Z. Tuza. Bin packing game with an interest matrix. COCOON 2015, LNCS 9198: 57-69, 2015.
- F. Talla Nobibon, R. Leus, K. Nip and Z. Wang. Resource loading with time windows. European Journal of Operational Research , 244: 404-416, 2015.
- K. Nip, Z. Wang, F. Talla Nobibon and R. Leus. A Combination of flow shop scheduling and the shortest path problem. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 29: 36-52, 2015.
- C. Lu, Q. Jin, S.C. Fang, Z. Wang and W. Xing. Adaptive computable approximation to cones of nonnegative quadratic functions. Optimization, 63: 955-980, 2014.
- Z. Wang, W. Hong and D. He. A combination of parallel machine scheduling and the covering problem. Pacific Journal of Optimization, 10: 577--591, 2014.
- X. Guo, Z. Deng, S. C. Fang, Z. Wang and W. Xing. Quadratic optimization over a second-order cone with linear equality constraints. Journal of the Operations Research Society of China, 2: 17-38, 2014.
- K. Nip and Z. Wang. Combination of two-machine flow shop scheduling and shortest path problems. COCOON'13, LNCS, 7936: 680-687, 2013.
- J. Zhou, D. Chen, Z. Wang and W. Xing. A conic approximation method for the 0-1 quadratic knapsack problem. Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, 9: 531-547, 2013.
- Z. Wang and Z. Cui. Combination of parallel machine scheduling and vertex cover.
Theoretical Computer Science, 460: 10-15, 2012.
- Z. Wang, S. C. Fang, D. Y. Gao and W. Xing. Canonical dual approach to solving the maximum cut problem. Journal of Global Optimization, 54: 341-351, 2012.
- Z. Wang. Worst-case performance of the successive approximation algorithm for four identical knapsacks. Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, 8: 651-656, 2012.
- C. Lu, S.C. Fang, Q.Jin, Z. Wang and W. Xing. KKT solution and conic relaxation for solving quadratically constrained quadratic programming problems.
SIAM Journal on Optimization, 21: 1475-1490, 2011.
- Z. Wang, W. Xing and S.C. Fang. Two-person knapsack game. Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, 6: 847-860, 2010.
- C. Lu, Z. Wang, W. Xing and S. C. Fang. Extended canonical duality and conic programming for solving 0-1 quadratic programming problems. Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, 6: 779-793, 2010.
- Z. Wang, W. Xing and S.C. Fang. Two-group knapsack game. Theoretical Computer Science, 411: 1094-1103, 2010.
- C. Lu, Z. Wang and W. Xing. An improved lower bound and approximation algorithm for binary quadratic integer programming. Journal of Global Optimization, 48:497-508, 2010.
- Z. Wang and W. Xing. Worst-case analysis for on-line service policies. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 19: 107-122, 2010.
- Z. Wang and W. Xing. A successive approximation algorithm for the multiple knapsack problem. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 17: 347-366, 2009.
- Z. Wang, W. Xing and B. Chen. On-line service scheduling. Journal of Scheduling, 12: 31-43, 2009.
- Z. Wang, S. C. Fang, D. Y. Gao and W. Xing. Global extremal conditions for multi-integer quadratic programming. Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, 4, 213--225, 2008.
- Z. Wang and W. Xing. Performance of service policies in a specialized service system with parallel servers. Annals of Operations Research, 159, 451-460, 2008.
- Z. Wang and W. Xing. Parallel machine scheduling with special jobs. Tsinghua Science and Technology, 11: 107-110, 2006.
- Z. Wang, W. Xing and F. Bai. No-wait flexible flowshop scheduling with no-idle machines. Operations Research Letters, 33: 609-614, 2005.